Plays for Middle School and Junior High
When middle school director Jan Corteville needed a script for a production, she reached out to Pioneer Drama Service. Seeking a script that was sweet, upbeat, wholesome, easy to stage — and also affordable — Pioneer Drama helped her select the perfect show for her large group. That was 20 years ago, and she’s been calling us ever since. Why?
- We have the largest selection of plays you’ll find anywhere that are just right for middle school and junior high actors. From audience pleasing comedies to contest winning dramas, from short one-act plays to full-length two act plays, these plays are written on a level that makes it easy for middle school and junior high kids to understand and learn, without feeling like children’s theatre.
- Our plays for middle school and junior high are designed for success and ease of production with challenging yet manageable roles to demonstrate your students’ talents.
- These middle school and junior high plays allow you to have a large cast with many female roles. Plus, most of our middle school plays have plenty of room for extras, giving you the flexibility to get even more student actors onstage.
- As a middle school or junior high teacher, you can trust our scripts. They are highly affordable so they won’t break your budget. Just as important, they are wholesome with appropriate language and situations for your middle school and junior high students.
- Middle school and junior high theatre teachers also love our collection of theatre texts specifically written for middle school, including many scene and monologue books.
As a director of middle school theatre, I had found it very difficult to find material until I came across Pioneer Drama. The play I found was a great play, the large size of the cast allowed me to give many of my students the opportunity to perform onstage and both the students and the audience loved the show and had a lot of fun!